Cloud hosting is the latest and most popular hosting now. In simple terms, In traditional hosting resources such as RAM, CPU and Storage (Disk) are kept in one single server. Traditional hosting has some disadvantages when we have to resize the RAM, CPU and storage.
1) Every time we have to buy additional expensive hardwares.
2) Downtime of the whole system when we upgrade or downgrade the system.
3) High failure rate due to heavy dependency on hardware
4) Not flexible for scalability
To overcome all these problem, Cloud technology is adapted mostly nowadays. The resources such as RAM, CPU and Disk are spread across multiple node(servers), so that we can avoid the single point of failure and more over we can utilise the resources to the maximum extent and benefit in terms of ROI.
As we have mentioned in previous answer, The following are the benefits.
- High availability, Due to resources (RAM, Disk and CPU) spread across multiple nodes
- Better ROI, The resources are utilised to the maximum extend
- No single point of failure
- Scalable & Flexibility is one of the major benefit
- No huge investment cost involved for client. Save lots of money on infrastructure
- Even small & medium size businesses can get the best of best technologies which was affordable only to the top companies
- Better service to your customers due to less issues/problems coming from IT infrastructure
As we are in the cloud hosting industry for long time, We often encounter a question from small & midsize companies that, Why should we go for cloud? The small business should go for cloud hosting than anyone else, because it gives a competitive advantage of all IT infrastructure which was used by large scale companies. As a small company, you can’t invest more money into buying and setting up hardwares which may be underutilized. As a small company, you get
a) Access to top IT infrastructure
b) Less investment in Infrastructure & more cash flow for other operations
c) Stable infrastructure than tradition IT
d) better focus on your core business than spending energy on IT
As you can see in the below images, in traditional hosting each services are running in a single machine, If there is any problem in Disk, CPU, RAM or Network or problem from any one of the 100s of components in server, your website will go down. In cloud, typically more than 5 servers are interconnected to provide high availability and scalability to meet the on-demand services.
In simplest terms, cloud means that, all your data such as html/image/video/program or softwares are all stored in servers which is set up in a high available environment. Cloud services are available on-demand and often bought on a "pay-as-you go" or subscription basis. You can buy cloud the same way you'd buy electricity, prepaid SIM, or Internet access from a utility company.